Digital Signage Content Can Be A Two Way Street
Digital signage is meant to capture the attention of an audience with it's bright, captivating, moving content. Often times, it is used for communicating, selling, informing, alerting, training, and wayfinding.
All of this content is seen as one-way communication. The company, organization, or brand, is using their signage to communicate their message to you.
But it doesn't have to be a one-way street. Digital signage can also be a two-way street with something called user generated content, and it can positively affect your company.
User (You) Generated (Create) Content (Experiences)
User Generated Content (UGC) are social media posts, blogs, text, pictures, videos and everything in between, that are created by your customers and are shared as content across these various marketing platforms. So how can UGC help your business?
· People like being heard and love to share their opinions. They enjoy being the source of advice. People also like people and not advertisements and will take the shared opinions of others. 92% of consumers trust recommendations from others, even people they don’t know, over branded content.
· User Generated Content also provides an instant gratification moment as people gain attention or "stardom."
· UGC offers brand awareness, quality, likeability, and creates loyalty.
· It appeals to the emotions of followers. Stories sell.
· UGC allows your customers to become your sales generators. UGC has a major impact on millennial spending. It is 20% more influential than other media types when it comes to millennial purchases.
As you can see, there are quite a few advantages to allowing your fans to become a part of your marketing strategy. But how can you enhance this even more with digital signage?
Enhancing Digital Signage With User Generated Content
It is important that digital signage be a part of your media strategy. You can find out why in our blog here.
The goal in using User Generated Content to enhance your digital signage is to create a cyclical process in which the customers create their content, which is then displayed across your digital signage, which then pushes further engagement across the multiple platforms, creating more content to be displayed on your signage.
Social media is probably the number one generator of content by users. The "big" platforms we will focus on in this article are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn. Some quick facts from wordstream.com that are worth mentioning just to drive the point that social media is such a major player:
· 22% of the world’s total population uses Facebook.
· 81% of millennials check Twitter at least once per day
· LinkedIn boasts more than 450 million user profiles.
· YouTube overall, and even YouTube on mobile alone, reaches more 18-34 and 18-49 year-olds than any cable network in the U.S.
· 51% of Instagram users access the platform daily, and 35% say they look at the platform several times per day.
With this type of interaction, it only makes sense to use it to your advantage and within all of your marketing strategies, including your digital signage. The majority of our decisions are made on the go, so we have to meet our customers where they are.
But how do I do this and still protect my brand?
Supercharge With Seenspire
Seenspire enables you to create your own social media channel with live updates, images and videos that can be displayed through your digital signage system. This allows you to keep your digital signage content fresh and people interacting with it.
You can create custom designed layouts in portrait and landscape options so your content is always visually appealing.
You can create hashtag campaigns to increase online traffic and boost conversations. Seenspire also allows you to pull in your favorite influencers and their content to post through your signage.
Seenspire also allows you to protect your brand in staying classy with automatic or manual moderation and profanity filters. This being a top priority for any business when looking at using UGC.
Coffman Media, a digital signage solutions integrator, can help you get started in creating a two-way street with your digital signage system.